Are you read to take control of your career?
Do you hate online applications and realize they are a waste of time?
Is reaching out to new people something you find difficult?
Do you need help figuring out WHO you should add to your network?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. In my networking course, you will learn ACTIONABLE tips to get your career off on the right foot and find a meaningful job that you love.
Here are the Course Basics . . .
- This will be a live course with 5 sessions in a small group setting. I expect you to participate and will do everything I can to make you comfortable to open up and get the most out of this material.
- Each session will have ACTIONABLE tips to improve your networking. I wouldn’t call it homework, but I will give you some assignments to put in practice.
- Even after the course is finished, you will have made a connection with me beyond my public material and private newsletter. I will always be there for advice & guidance.
- LinkedIn guidance. Not only will we review the ins & outs of LinkedIn, but I’ll provide you with writing prompts to help you be able to post & engage further on that platform.
Still on the Fence? Here’s some FAQ that may answer your concerns:
- I completely freeze up with new people, is this course right for me? YES. I’ll teach you plenty of tricks to help make the whole process less scary so you can go out and make those connections
- Why can’t I just do online applications? You can, but there is a reason people send out 100s of applications . . . because the effectiveness of online applications SUCK. If you want to make that personal connection and have a greater shot at the job, then networking is the way to go.
- I’m poor, live in the middle of nowhere, have no family connections etc, So who am I going to connect with of value? Finding the right people to connect with can be a challenge and I will give you several action plans to figure out who to reach out to and then the most effective ways to reach out. Yes, some well connected student may have a leg up, but that does not mean you can’t learn to do it as well.
- Is this just presentations or is there homework too? Each session is INTERACTIVE. I will be presenting some material at each session and then give you some actionable items to work on prior to the next session. Part of each session will be a discussion of how you fared and where you may have had some challenges so I can help you move forward.
- It’s just too expensive, do you have a coupon code or scholarship option? At this time I do not. However, I strive to make my free materials on my website as well as in my LinkedIn posts of value. So please utilize that material and make the most of it.
- What if I sign up, but the course time is not good for my schedule? Please see the schedule below and make your decision based on this timing. If something changes and you are unable to attend, then I will refund your money. However, before we get to that stage, I will do my best to figure out suitable arrangements. Down the road, this course may move to video, but at this time, I only have a live option.
- I work slowly, can I reach out to you after the course is complete if I need help implementing some of the material? Absolutely! I am here to help and never want you to feel like you are alone in this journey.
Session dates and general topic of each session:
Sorry, Registration for my APR/MAY 2023 course is now CLOSED. Use the Contact Me page and let me know if you’d like to be added to the wait list for next session (no obligation, it just means you get first crack at the slots)
- Session 1 – MONDAY, APRIL 10, 2023 @ 1 PM Eastern (US) – We’ll start the course with intros, understanding where everyone is in their journey and discuss the mindset challenges of networking as well as the “WHY” of networking.
- Session 2 – MONDAY, APRIL 17, 2023 @ 1 PM Eastern (US) – Who should ideally be in your network? Remember, the goal here is a quality network, so we want to connect with the right people.
- Session 3 – MONDAY, APRIL 24, 2023 @ 1 PM Eastern (US) – Maintaining & cultivating your network. Simply having a list of contacts is somewhat worthless if they don’t know you. We will also talk about using LinkedIn effectively.
- Session 4 – MONDAY, MAY 1, 2023 @ 1 PM Eastern (US) – Time to Go Live! In this session we will focus on how to improve your in-person networking and how to find the must effective events to attend (and those to avoid)
- Session 5 – MONDAY, MAY 8, 2023 @ 1 PM Eastern (US) – Let’s wrap it all up and discuss any further questions you have about networking effectively.
If the dates/time do not work for you, please reach out to me directly. Depending on demand, I might open up another session to fit your needs.
Ready to sign up?
The cost for this course is only $149.
Aside from the 5 sessions noted above, you can also reach out to me for questions between sessions as well as reach out to me following the course as you implement these ideas. In short, I am not teaching you the material and then throwing you out on your own. You can ALWAYS reach out to me for guidance.
If this is not something you can afford, I understand, and invite you to continue to benefit from my free material. However, this course takes a real commitment of my time and for that I need to charge a fee.
Ready to join? Here’s the sign up link (payment via PayPal):
There are a LIMITED NUMBER of slots open for this course. Once we hit that number, you will have to wait until the next course offering to join.
Want individualized training/mentoring?
Depending on availability, I have a few slots open for 1-on-1 training. Please reach out to me directly for further details if this is something you want to look into further.